Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation
N.C. Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation (ADFP) Trust Fund works with multiple partners to promote landscape-scale conservation efforts to protect agricultural working lands in important military testing and training areas. The Trust Fund has worked extensively to promote the creation of county-wide farmland preservation plans, Voluntary Ag Districts (VADs) and Enhanced VADs, promote enrollment into the Present Use Value system, and educate and train local conservation districts on these and other opportunities.
ADFP also has focused efforts on providing matching funds on easements of value to the military with an emphasis on agricultural working lands. The initial focus has been on “away” and special-use air space including the provision of bonus points for those applying for ADFP grants who have land in these areas.
For general questions contact:
- Program Director: Dewitt Hardee – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Manager: Elizabeth Heath – email@example.com
- Document Specialist: Evan Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget Manager: David Mitchell – email@example.com
- Assistant General Counsel: Jon Lanier – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paralegal: Janine Owens: email@example.com